TRICK OR TREAT! Have a SPOOK-tacular Halloween celebration by organizing a howling good theme party. Here are ways to make your home a Halloween fright for family fun. Make it a Halloween to remember. Make kids feel welcome with creepy crafts, ghoulish poems and games as well as haunt cuisine. Planning a Halloween party is much easier than most, because you already know your theme.
Consider developing your party around a specific theme, such as spiders or favourite monsters. The theme itself will give you many ideas on what to do and what you will need to get in the way of supplies. Typically, Halloween is equated to a spooky and ghoulish atmosphere, but that doesn't have to be the case. Especially when it comes to children's Halloween parties, you'll want to keep the decorations fun and cute, rather than gruesome. Of course, adult party ideas usually lean toward "the more gruesome and frightening, the better". Still, there are many options available where you can easily take it from one extreme to another.
Keep in mind, the decorations that you choose for children should be mild and fun. where else with adults, you are more likely to decorate a sinister flare. Mild and fun decorations will ensure your little goblins will have a freighteningly goodtime and the planning is so easy you won't be spooked!
Create a spooky ambience. Halloween's one of the best times to go all wacky on your decoration. Hang orange and black balloons in clusters at a corner with black ribbons attached. Hang spider webs up in the ceiling, chandeliers, corners, and place big hairy spiders in some of the cobwebs. Cover tables with creepy cloth and decorate with BOO!tiful decorations and felt Halloween garlands. Roll up orange napkins with black cutlery inside and place it inside a bat napkin holder. Hang glow in the dark skeletons. Lower the lights to create eerie atmosphere, or replace the lights with red or black bulbs. Use Halloween music to set the mood.
This quaint old festival with its strange superstitions has become an occassion for social entertaining. In turn, Halloween food and recipes have become a much sought after item, and no Halloween party is a success without a properly planned menu.
Let the little ones help to prepare the food. Involve them with the cooking while they have fun learning. Much kids love to cook and want to help in the kitchen. They pretend to cook in the kitchen, make mud pies from the beach sand, and make bubble cakes in the bath tub! Kids do cooking activities all the time!
Here are reasons why you should do cooking activities with your kids.
1. Boost their self esteem. If your child needs a boost of self confidence, (and who doesn't!) cooking in the kitchen will do just that. They are accomplishing a task, learning something important and contributing to the family.
2. Create family time and bonding. Take time to cook with your kids and they will have memories that they, in turn, can pass on to their families. It may take a longer time to get the meal or snack done but the moments with your children will be priceless. (Just remember to have patience. Don't worry about flour on the floor or spilled milk).
3. Kids will be more apt to eat what they make. Perhaps, it is the enthusiasm of creating something themselves, but they will be more likely to eat whatever they had a hand in making.
4. They can help contribute to the family and they can feel the importance of helping. They are working together as a team, whether it is with a parent or with a sibling to get the job done.
5. Cooking teaches them planning, making choices, practice creativity and imagination. Kids cooking activities are a great way to express themselves and enjoy their creation.
Serving these creepy foods on the buffet line is a great way to create a spooky setting for your Halloween party. Eyeball deviled eggs, chocolate mud cake topped with gummy worms, icy fingers floating in a green liquid are just the beginning of all the fun and creepy foods you can make. Kids fun Halloween recipes may include Graveyard Pudding, Mummy Dogs, Ghost Sandwich, Swamp Slime and all time favourite the Brainy Pudding.
Consider having fabulous creepy creative Halloween craft ideas suitable for both kids and adults. Coloring pages, scrapbooking ideas, crossword puzzles, creepy fonts and graphics and much more. The children will have just as much fun but it will keep the chaos down to a minimum. Don't be surprised, the adults too could be putting their effort in solving puzzles and mazes.
Keep your ghastly guests occupied with Halloween games such as the Eye Ball Relay, Mummy Wrap, Spider Web, Ghost Waiter and many more! Playing Halloween games is a must with young children present. These game ideas are sure to be a hit and provide lots of laugh with both kids and adults.
–adjective 1. impressively opulent or decorative, esp. in a new way; showy; flashy; eye-catching. 2. energetic, dynamic, or innovative.
A devoted wife & a mommy to a pair of beautiful babies. A zealous fan of David Tutera and a total freak of the net & the cutting edge avant-garde gadgets. Started Razzle Dazzle after some persuasive encouragement from friends realizing my potential in the party planning industry which is close to non-existent in Malaysia.