Here's an entry of a spook-tacular celebration we had on halloween!
TRICK OR TREAT! We had a SPOOK-tacular Halloween celebration by organizing a howling good theme party. It was a Halloween to remember. The kids felt welcome with creepy crafts, ghoulish poems and games as well as haunt cuisine. Planning a Halloween party was much easier than most, because we already know our theme.
We developed our party around a specific theme, such as spiders and favourite monsters. The theme itself gave us many ideas on what to do and what we needed to get in the way of supplies. Typically, Halloween is equated to a spooky and ghoulish atmosphere, but that doesn't have to be the case. Especially when it comes to children's halloween parties, we would want to keep the decorations fun and cute, rather than gruesome. Of course, adult party ideas usually lean toward "the more gruesome and frightening, the better". Still, there are many options available where you can easily take it from one extreme to another.
The decorations that we chose was mild and fun, more for the children. Where else with adults, you are more likely to decorate a sinister flare. Mild and fun decorations ensure the little goblins a freighteningly goodtime and the planning was so easy we weren't spooked!
We created a spooky ambience. Halloween's one of the best times to go all wacky on your decoration. We hung orange and black balloons in clusters at a corner with black ribbons attached. Spider webs were everywhere, up in the ceiling, chandeliers, corners, and there were big hairy spiders in some of the cobwebs. The tables were covered with creepy cloth and decorated with BOO!tiful decorations and felt halloween garlands. Black cutlery were rolled inside orange napkins and placed inside a bat napkin holder. Glow in the dark skeletons greeted the guests by the entrance. The lights were lowered to create eerie atmosphere. Halloween music set the mood.
This quaint old festival with its strange superstitions has become an occassion for social entertaining. In turn, Halloween food and recipes have become a much sought after item, and no Halloween party is a success without a properly planned menu.
Let the little ones help to prepare the food. Involve them with the cooking while they have fun learning. Much kids love to cook and want to help in the kitchen. They pretend to cook in the kitchen, make mud pies from the beach sand, and make bubble cakes in the bath tub! Kids do cooking activities all the time!
Here are reasons why you should do cooking activities with your kids.
1. Boost their self esteem. If your child needs a boost of self confidence, (and who doesn't!) cooking in the kitchen will do just that. They are accomplishing a task, learning something important and contributing to the family.
2. Create family time and bonding. Take time to cook with your kids and they will have memories that they, in turn, can pass on to their families. It may take a longer time to get the meal or snack done but the moments with your children will be priceless. (Just remember to have patience. Don't worry about flour on the floor or spilled milk).
3. Kids will be more apt to eat what they make. Perhaps, it is the enthusiasm of creating something themselves, but they will be more likely to eat whatever they had a hand in making.
4. They can help contribute to the family and they can feel the importance of helping. They are working together as a team, whether it is with a parent or with a sibling to get the job done.
5. Cooking teaches them planning, making choices, practice creativity and imagination. Kids cooking activities are a great way to express themselves and enjoy their creation.
Serving these creepy foods on the buffet line was a great way in creating a spooky setting for the Halloween party. Eyeball devilish eggs, chocolate mud cake topped with gummy worms, icy fingers floating in a green liquid are just the beginning of all the fun and creepy foods you can make. Kids fun Halloween recipes may include Graveyard Pudding, Mummy Dogs, Ghost Sandwich, Swamp Slime and all time favourite the Brainy Pudding.
Fabulous creepy creative Halloween craft ideas suitable for both kids and adults usually includes coloring pages, scrapbooking ideas, crossword puzzles, creepy fonts and graphics and much more. The children had just as much fun but they kept the chaos down to a minimum. Even the adults too contributed their best effort in solving puzzles and mazes.
The ghastly guests were kept occupied with halloween games such as the Eye Ball Relay, Mummy Wrap, Spider Web, Ghost Waiter and many more! Playing halloween games is a must with young children present. These games provided lots of laugh for both kids and adults, a perfect way to end a purrfect party!
–adjective 1. impressively opulent or decorative, esp. in a new way; showy; flashy; eye-catching. 2. energetic, dynamic, or innovative.
A devoted wife & a mommy to a pair of beautiful babies. A zealous fan of David Tutera and a total freak of the net & the cutting edge avant-garde gadgets. Started Razzle Dazzle after some persuasive encouragement from friends realizing my potential in the party planning industry which is close to non-existent in Malaysia.